Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Whale of A Christmas!

I have a long-cultivated love/hate relationship with Christmas. On one hand it's a wonderful time of year with celebrations of love, joy, and an almost-expected consumption of chocolate. On the other hand it is chock full of extra ovarian-specific chores like excessive baking, wrapping paper wrangling and department store parking spot vulturing. I always say the month of December is like camping: regular life made harder.
Due to an obvious strain produced by the impending holidays my loving spouse decided to take me on a business trip with him to Monterey California smack in the middle of December. I was estatic even though the work load increased exponentially on either end of the trip. Who cares I decided, and the sunny coast of Pacific Monterey beckoned.
To fill an empty day I ventured on an exciting boating expedition in search of Humpback whales. The tour took a group of us two hours out into the beautiful ocean spray and what I gleaned during the journey will be the subject of my next four blogs.....keep reading to find out how the meaning of Christmas was so bountifully and hilariously displayed on my seabound journey!!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I won't spoil the ending - but it is funny.