Monday, March 29, 2010

I was sitting in church yesterday listening to the message  when something flew out the pastor's mouth and hit me squarely between the eyes.  No, it was not saliva.  It was truth.  Absolute, life-altering, decision impacting truth. 
I can't believe I didn't realize it before, but here it is:
I am to speak no matter what.  It doesn't matter if I do it as a career, or as a hobby, for a lot of dates or for a few, but I am to speak.
The fact of the matter is, I have been afflicted and tried and scourged and refined by difficulties and those are not to go to waste in this lifetime.  I have also been gifted with a comic disposition and to combine the two aspects of my life is a calling I am not allowed to ignore. 
I can sit and figure out all the ways in which I can make that combination work out financially for my
family, but in the end, it has to happen, no matter what.  It is what I have been training for. 
Now, who would like to listen?

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Me! ;)

Carey said...

ooooh! profound!

This is how I feel about my writing...