Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Enemy territory

As I said two posts ago (they are out of order, sorry....I really do know how to do it now thanks to my husband/webmaster!) I just taped my first comedy DVD live in front of an audience that consisted of both friends and strangers.
The taping went amazingly and the comments were 99.9% positive. It's that darn .1% however that gets my attention~ and that is just wrong. I cannot please everyone all the time, and even trying to please most people all of the time is impossible. But I keep trying, and even though the entire audience is laughing until they cry I can see out of the corner of my eye that one gal who is only slightly enjoying herself and I let it bother me.
This is not a healthy thing, and I am going to fight it. Hard. Join me... not that this ever happens to you.... :)

1 comment:

jubilee said...

I'm such a people pleaser that one person could totally suck the joy right out of it for me.

(Hey, I don't think I've ever used the words "joy" and "suck" in the same sentence before.)

I'll pray that you can fight the good fight and not let the grumpy lady get to you.